Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Waste?

What's Up! Welcome to my blog! What is a P.H.D.M. you ask? Simple. It stands for Pastor. Husband. Dad. Man. What you will be reading will be the random thoughts that go on in my head. Sometimes it will be funny. Other times very serious. I hope you that you enjoy them and that you are encouraged as well.

here we go...
I have been reading a dangerous book this month (I took a challenge to read a book a month...would be more, but I'm honestly not a fast reader!) by John Piper called Don't Waste Your Life. It has been extremely challenging. The concept behind it is to evaluate what we spend out days pursuing. This book has rocked my thinking to the core. Here is where I'm at so far...

The question that I must ask myself daily is this: Am I going to pursue self and all that the "pursuit" of happiness brings or am I willing to give up that pursuit and follow God's lead, even if it is to the hard, never safe, unfamiliar and out of the comfort zone places?

Confession: I tend to naturally slip back into the safe, protect my rear, get comfortable zone all too easily. However, because of my recent trip to Africa, God is shaking those foundations in me. I'm glad. I don't want to be on my death bed and look back over my life and think, "Did I waste it?" "Is there more I could have done to spread the name of Jesus?" Ultimately, I want to know that my life counted for something bigger and something more than the "pursuit of Todd." I want to spend my life in pursuit of God's plan for me.

I'll let you know how this goes! Until later....

Love, Peace & Chicken Grease!

2 comments:

  1. Okay I am signed in and talking from different computer (at work). Just have to remember my password

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: In our recent "Wise Warriors" class we discussed the relationship of the Virgin Mary to Elizabeth. First, did Elizabeth call Mary Blessed because of earlier conversation with Mary, did she hear it from an angel as did Mary, or did she come to total realization that Mary was carrying the Son of God when John the Baptist jumped in her Womb and she was filled with the Holy Spirit? Also, Luke writes on that Mary stayed with Elizabeth 3 more months, which would make John the Baptist a full-term baby. Do you think Mary perhaps acted as a Mid-wife?

    ReplyDelete